- B degree or minimum 8 years of management experience in lieu of degree
- Associate – less than 3 years consulting experience
- Member – 3 or more years consulting experience
FILL IN THE PACKS
Fill in application pack noting each section in detail and submit with certified copies of important documents:
HOW TO FILL IN THE PACK
- Proof of payment of application processing fee as found at https://imcsa.org.za/product/full-member-consulting-application-fee/ which is the same as the associate member application fee. This changes year on year.
- Application must be signed by proposer or ask registrar to propose you.
- Ensure that you have filled in your employment and consulting record, including assignments – if none, state so as N/A.
- Copy of ID or passport.
- A recent photograph.
- Copy of SAQA approved degree certificate.
- 2 client references on letterhead and signed with name of client and role / position clearly stated.
- Signed code of ethics.
- Copy of your CV, which does not absolve you from filling in the full application form. “See CV” is not acceptable as an answer to any question.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Once your application has been received, it will be processed by the secretariat and your membership level will be confirmed as associate or member as described in the rules above.
ONCE WE HAVE REVIEWED YOUR APPLICATION
We will contact you, and depending on our discussion of your application you can pay in the following manner:
- You will then be asked to pay the current year fee as follows:
Certification can only be applied for once the applicant has qualified as a full member.
Should the applicant apply for certification within 6 months of first acceptance, the certification application fee of https://imcsa.org.za/product/certified-management-consultant-certification-application-fee/ will be waived but the certification assessment fee https://imcsa.org.za/product/certified-management-consultant-certification-assessment-fee/ will still be applicable
CRITICAL SKILLS LETTER
Critical skills letters will only be issued to those who have successfully applied for associate or full membership of the institute and will be issued for a fee of R1000.00. The IMCSA wishes to state that it does not guarantee successful visa applications on the basis of its skills letters.
All professional applications to the IMCSA begin with the payment of the application processing fee and completion of the appropriate membership form. The Membership application form is completed, supporting documents attached and sent back to the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registrar assesses the submitted application and supporting documents to determine the appropriate membership level the applicant qualifies for. The applicant is notified in writing of the outcome of the application. They are then invoiced accordingly.
Once payment is received the individual membership certificate is issued.
The applicant is required to pay the stipulated annual membership fee, for the year of application. Memberships are renewed annually in January.
Once an applicant has been awarded full membership and has accumulated the required experience in hours or years, the applicant may proceed to apply for certification.
The applicant must pay the certification application fee and complete the certification application documentation.
The applicant must comply with all requirements of the application prior to proceeding with an assessment interview. The designated assessors will ensure compliance by means of a bench review of the application. If necessary, they will request further clarification in writing before allowing the candidate to proceed to the assessment interview. The assessors may reject the application due to incompleteness or due to the candidate failing to meet the minimum application criteria.
Once the bench review is complete to the satisfaction of both the assessors, the candidate will be invited to an assessment interview. The candidate is required to pay the full assessment fee prior to proceeding with the scheduling of the assessment interview.
Upon successful completion of the assessment, the candidate will be notified in writing accordingly and a certificate will be issued for the year of the assessment.
All certificates remain valid for the calendar year of issue and must be renewed annually, in January, to ensure that the professional remains in good standing with the IMCSA.