The IMCSA Professional Development Programmes provide a foundation for improving consulting skills and experience in starting up and running a consulting practice and delivering client services. Courses are aligned with the Competency Framework that is tied to the CMC designation and is necessary for effective consulting service delivery.
Courses are offered on an “as required basis” and will be conducted when there are sufficient delegates for each programme.
For a full listing of courses, please click here.
Please note that most of the courses are delivered on demand and are not available to individual delegates unless such an opportunity arises. We try and run core courses such as Principles of Professional Consulting, Practice Management, and Professional Branding once or twice a year. These are open to individual delegates and will be advertised via our mass mailers and LinkedIn forums.
A number of courses are already available and have been successfully delivered to date:
- Professional Business Writing
- Presentation & Public Speaking Skills
- Professional Practice Management
- Management by Objectives
- Project Management
- Setting up an Entrepreneurial Consulting Practice
- Conducting Successful Meetings
- Programme Management
- Change Management
- Facilitation Skills
- Principles of Professional Consulting
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Management Systems Planning & Design
- Client Interviewing & Fact Finding Skills
- Professional Selling Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Time Management
- Conflict Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communication Skills